Student Transportation Inc. is North America’s safest independent provider of school bus transportation services, with an industry-leading safety rating and the youngest fleet in the business. As a Bus Driver for Student Transportation Inc. you will be under the supervision of a manager, dispatcher or trainer. In this role you will be operating a school bus or van over designated bus routes and transporting school aged individuals. In addition, a School Bus driver may transport various clients for charter trips. What We Offer: Competitive salary. Paid Training. Obtain your CDL in as little as 6 weeks! Comprehensive training program. Great company culture. Ability to give back to the community. Working for an industry leader in a organization with over 12,000 employees.
• Conduct Pre-Trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe Operation
• Drive a school bus route - picking up and dropping off student passengers at established stops on the route
• Conduct post-trip vehicle inspections
• Attend and participate in safety meetings
• Clean bus as necessary to maintain a professional appearance and positive company image
• As requested or desired to take field Trip, activity and charter Runs to transport Student and Other Passengers to and From their destinations.
• Must be over the age of 21.
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination.
• Must be committed to training and processes.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years verifiable driving history.
• No more than 2 moving violations and 1 preventable accident in the past 3 years.
• Ability to adhere to all company safety standards and operating procedures.
• Ability to successfully pass a background check.
• Passion for working with children.