With general direction of the Operations Manager, Area Manager of Safety and Training, Dispatcher and Training Supervisor, drive route bus on daily assignments, provide behind the wheel training and a variety of driver training and safety functions.
• Drive bus on assigned route daily.
• Provide BTW instruction and testing to original and renewing drivers.
• Provide behind-the-wheel training, monitor trainees’ performance.
• Under the direction of the Training Supervisor, perform annual check-ride evaluations for all drivers and provide retraining as needed (in particular post-accident and complaints from the public).
• Participate in, and if required, conduct monthly safety training meetings.
• Participate in investigation of vehicle collisions. Make recommendations regarding cause, fault and retraining.
• Maintain accurate training files and records as required by the State law and Company policy under the direction of the Training Supervisor.
• Assist with annual bus evacuation instruction and field trip instruction per the State law and our contract.
• Ensure required documents are completed accurately, in particular vehicle inspection forms and drivers’ logs with the guidance of the Training Supervisor.
• Assist operations staff and other related duties.
• High school graduation or the equivalent
• At least Two years of bus driving experience with a safe driving record.
• Successful completion of the State BTW Trainer Certification Program.
• Working knowledge of State Traffic Codes. • Basic knowledge of school transportation operating procedures.
• Knowledge of street geography.
• Ability to maintain detailed records.
• Valid State CDL driver’s license,
• Special Driver’s certification for school buses and current medical.