With general direction from the Operations Manager, provides a wide range of customer service, communications, and organizational functions.The Dispatcher is responsible for ensuring the daily coverage for school bus routes and field trips, answer telephone calls from our customers and the public, communicating changes and instructions to drivers.
• Ensure employees report to work as scheduled and complete and file paperwork
• Report concerns, violations or issues to the Operations Manager or Asst. Operations Manager
• Ensure all vehicles are staffed for the day
• Assigns substitute drivers, as needed
• Plans, schedules and assigns drivers for special transportation including field trips, athletic events, etc.
• Would assist, plan, schedule and coordinate outside public charters
• Answers telephone inquiries and communicate on two-way radio, as needed
• Maintain records of mileage, gas consumption, and other related data
• Assist the training department in ensuring employees perform the required daily vehicle inspection and buses are cleaned daily as required by law
• Assist the shop in scheduling maintenance and repair of vehicles, coding invoices and record keeping
• On-call for emergencies and weekends as needed
• Drive a bus as needed
• Work closely with the Operations Manager, Operations Assistant Manager, the Training Department and the Shop personnel
• Performs other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or Assistant Operations Manager
• Customer Service Skills with organized follow through
• Computer proficient
• Strong clerical skills.
• Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• High School Diploma.
• License with a minimum of 2 years experience as a school bus driver or willing and able to obtain all required license with endorsements to drive a school bus within 6 months of hire.
• Familiarity with DOT laws, regulations and policies governing student transportation.
• Geographical area knowledge in order to coordinate bus routes to various schools, field trips and after school events.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to interface with all varying internal and external management levels