Student Transportation Inc. is North America’s safest independent provider of school bus transportation services, with an industry-leading safety rating and the youngest fleet in the business. As a Bus Driver for Student Transportation Inc. you will be under the supervision of a manager, dispatcher or trainer.
What We Offer:
Obtain your CDL in as little as 6 weeks!
Comprehensive training program.
Great company culture.
Ability to give back to the community.
Working for an industry leader in a organization with over 12,000 employees.
A bus driver is a person who, under the supervision of a manager, supervisor, dispatcher or trainer, operates a van or bus over designated routes transporting pupils, or clients to and from designated locations. In addition, a bus driver may transport clients on private charter trips. Bus drivers may work with loud, disruptive or assaultive passengers. Drivers may also work with severely handicapped individuals.
• Drive a bus daily over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading pupils or clients at designated locations.
• Perform daily inspections of buses and associated equipment prior to transportation of passengers.
• Maintain good order and discipline among passengers or clients.
• Follow company policies regarding pupil/client management and relations with passengers, administrators, parents/guardians, medical practitioners, medical facilities, and the public in general.
• Keep records and submit reports as required.
• Wash, sweep, clean and refuel buses as required.
• Report all mechanical deficiencies in writing promptly.
• Conduct safe riding instruction and perform bus evacuation drills as directed.
• All other duties as assigned.
Must be over the age of 21.
Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination.
Must be committed to training and processes.
Must have a minimum of 3 years verifiable driving history.
No more than 2 moving violations and 1 preventable accident in the past 3 years.
Ability to adhere to all company safety standards and operating procedures.
Ability to successfully pass a background check..